Date Last Revised: 4-16-2019
D & B Grocers, Inc. (“D & B Grocers”) values your privacy. This Privacy Statement addresses how we handle the personal information collected and shared with us through the website found at https://www.dandbgrocers.com (the “Website”) and through use of the D & B Grocers Mobile Application (the “Application”). Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or download, install or use the Application. By accessing or using this Website and downloading, installing or using the Application, you agree to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time (see Changes to our Privacy Statement). Your continued use of this Website and the Application after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Statement periodically for updates.
This Privacy Statement only addresses personal information we obtain from and regarding individuals interacting with this Website and the Application.
During your visit to the Website and through your use of the Application, D & B Grocers may collect information about you, including but not limited to:
- contact information (e.g., name, address, city, state and ZIP code, email address and telephone number).
- your device data and how you interact with the Website or the Application (e.g., IP address, browser type, and unique device identifier).
- details of any transactions you carry out through the Website or the Application.
This information may be collected directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you use the Website or the Application. Data we receive from other sources may be combined with the information you provide us, and may be used or shared for the following purposes stated below.
The information we collect from the Website or the Application may be used:
- to provide you with the Website and the Application, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- to optimize operation of the Website and the Application and improve their content.
- to serve our customers and for marketing purposes.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may share your personal information in the following instances:
- when required by law, which includes complying with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- when we believe sharing is necessary to protect our rights, preserve safety, investigate fraud or other wrongdoing.
- with contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business including those who assist us with marketing endeavors.
- in connection with the sale, transfer or financing of D & B Grocers’ business or its assets, including a bankruptcy proceeding or to our affiliates.
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Apart from the purposes listed above, D & B Grocers will not share your personal information with other third parties for their independent use without your permission.
We will use reasonable administrative, technical and physical security to protect the personal information we retain and to help ensure that it is used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
The Website or the Application may use “cookies” and other tracking technologies to gather information about your interactions. This information may include demographic data, browser type, mobile device data including phone number, mobile device network information, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page or the Application, and the day and time of your visit. We do not currently honor “do not track” signals from a web site browser. Nonetheless, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your computer browser help instructions or your mobile device settings for more information on cookies and other related technologies and how to manage their use. If you refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat the process if you use another computer or mobile phone, or change browsers. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of the functionality of a website or application may be impaired.
Pages of our Website or Application may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity). We may use this information to provide a better Website or Application user experience, and tailor our marketing communications. We also may use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You may contact us at 734-513-1715 or email@example.com for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website.
When you use the Application, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Application. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
The Website or Application may contain links to other websites. D & B Grocers assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. You expressly relieve D & B Grocers from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website, or from the content of any third-party website.
This Website or Application does not target or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
If you are a California resident you have the right to request information from D & B Grocers regarding how it shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to D & B Grocers at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us at 734-513-1715 or email@example.com to find out what information we have collected about you, and to request any changes.
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org where you to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Statement on this page with a notice that the Privacy Statement has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page.